Immigration restriction in Japan
Updated Jun. 1, 2022
This border measures apply to those arriving in Japan after 00:00 June 1st, 2022 (JST).
The regulation keeps changing, so please check on the latest information of the Japanese government.
This section offers information about Japanese border measures, including required documents, quarantine, and restrictions. Your quarantine depends on the classification of the country or region of your stay before arriving in Japan, and your vaccination status. Vaccination certificate can be approved only valid vaccines by the Japanese government.
Details for Quarantine
Click on the link above to learn about the procedures applicable to entering and returning to Japan.
|Country or region of your stay before arrival||Valid vaccination certificate *4||Quarantine|
|Pre-departure test *3||On-arrival test||Isolation|
|blue||No need to submit||Required||Not required||Not required|
|yellow||With||Required||Not required||Not required|
|Without||Required||Required||3days at home *1|
|red||With||Required||Required||3days at home *1|
|No need to submit||Required||Required||3days at facility *2|
- Another test will be administered on the 3rd day. Isolation requirements will be lifted if your results are negative for this test. If you do not take the test, you will be required quarantine for a total of 7 days.
- Your isolation will be terminated, if the test is negative on the third day of isolation at the facility.
- Pre-departure test
- Certificate of PCR test within 72 hours before leaving for Japan.
- At Returning: PCR test *6 might be required before your departure from Japan by your country. We strongly recommend you to check the regulation of your country.
- The vaccination certificate is valid only if criteria ① to ④ below are met.
(Please see the detailed information by Japanese government)
- ①The certificate must be issued by a government or public institution.
- ②The following items must be indicated in Japanese or English: Name, date of birth, vaccine name/manufacturer, date of vaccination, number of doses administered
- ③The certificate must clearly indicate that you have received two doses from among the following vaccines (vaccine name/manufacturer):
COVID 19 Vaccine Moderna Moderna
Janssen COVID 19 Vaccine/Janssen
❈Regarding the application of measures based on Japan's Enhanced Border Measure (27), Comirnaty (manufactured by Fosun Pharma/BioNTech) and Covishield (manufactured by the Serum Institute of India with technology from AstraZeneca) will be treated as identical to Comirnaty/Pfizer and Vaxzevria/AstraZeneca, respectively.
- ④The certificate must clearly indicate that you have received at a third dose, with it being one of the following vaccines (vaccine name/manufacturer):
COVID 19 Vaccine Moderna Moderna
❈Regarding the application of measures based on Japan's Enhanced Border Measure (27), Comirnaty (manufactured by Fosun Pharma/BioNTech) will be treated as identical to Comirnaty/Pfizer.
- JIW(Japan Institute of Welding) have designated Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington Hotel as for Quarantine. If the PCR test result is positive, participants are planned be designated to move to stay/ keep staying at the Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington Hotel, and participate online.
- If your country requires PCR test, PCR Test Desk will be set on the 1F floor of the venue during 17th and 22nd July to provide you smooth assistance of PCR test reservation and/or Taxi service. Please check your country's entry requirement, and If you need PCR certification, we would organize to book a medical clinic accordingly.
Medical Clinic Shiba Kokusai Clinic
*Clinic is subject to change
Service Fee JPY 40,000 Booking Deadline 4 day prior to test day Cancelation Policy 3 day prior to test day~: 100% of total amount Notification of Result Perform test in the morning: Receive the result in the evening
Perform test in the afternoon: Receive the result following day
*Notification of result is subject to change.