VISA Application for entering into Japan
Information about entering into Japan For entry of foreign nationals
Based on the New Border measures (27), from 0:00 am (JST) on March 1, 2022, new entry of foreign nationals into Japan under the supervision of receiving organizations is allowed, except for those for touristic purposes. Eligible persons (who meet both of the following (1)and (2):
- (1) Foreign nationals newly entering Japan for a short-term stay (less than three months) for purposes including business and employment or foreign nationals newly entering Japan for a long-term stay.
- (2) Foreign nationals staying for the purpose of the abovementioned category (1) who have receiving organizations for supervision located in Japan.
Required documents for the "VISA" application
Currently, all foreign nationals who wish to newly enter Japan need to apply for a visa except for those with re-entry permit.
- A) A certificate for completion of Registration to the ERFS system obtained by a receiving organization through online application
- B) Please submit the registration completion certificate together with other visa application documents according to the purpose of your visit.
(Please refer to “Application for Visa for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel” page for more details).
- JIW will act as the Receiving organizations which invites the entrants for IIW 2022 Registration, So you have to input your Passport information into IIW2022-Resistration site.
- A certificate for completion of Registration to the ERFS system means a proof of document issued by ERFS of Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare after JIW apply and register IIW2022 entrant’s information online.
- For further information of the New Border Measures (27), please refer to the paragraph 1 of “Measures for Resuming Cross-Border Travel” page.
For more details, please visit the following page: